|About the Study||Wing is located only a mile or so from the Buckinghamshire-Bedfordshire border and includes the hamlets of Burcott, Ascott, Littleworth and Crafton. Wing is renowned for its Saxon church and neighbouring Ascott House though perhaps of more interest to family historians are all the agricultural labourers who have wandered to Wing in the mid-eighteenth century and stayed for many generations. Other industries of note were straw plaiting and brickmaking.
The Wing one-place study commenced about ten years ago. The study website contains a mix of transcribed records (census, parish registers, directories, taxes etc.) and a freeform collection of information by topic including crime, military, non-conformity, industries, photographs and much more. There is more information available that cannot be published online that is available to enquirers.
|Population||1,799 in 1891, very slightly less at other times in the nineteenth century and exceeding 2,000 in more recent times.|